Terms and Conditions
Welcome to the Lucida Glass website. If you continue to browse and use this website, you are agreeing to comply with and be bound by the following terms and conditions of use, which, together with our privacy and cookies policy, govern Lucida Glass’s relationship with you in relation to this website. If you disagree with any part of these terms and conditions, please do not use our website.
The term ‘Lucida Glass’ or ‘us’, 'I' or ‘we’ refers to the owner of the website whose registered office is 1 Lindisfarne Avenue, Blackburn, Lancashire, BB2 3EG, United Kingdom. You can contact us at this address or by telephoning 01254 263308 (from UK) or +44 1254 263308 (International callers) or emailing email@example.com. The term ‘you’ or ‘your’ refers to the user or viewer of our website.
The use of this website is subject to the following terms and conditions of use:
1. The information contained in this website is for general information purposes only and is subject to change without notice. We reserve the right to make changes to our site, policies and these conditions of use at any time. The information is provided by Lucida Glass and while we endeavour to keep the information up to date and correct, we make no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability, timeliness, performance, suitability or availability with respect to the website or the information, products, services, or related graphics contained on the website for any purpose.
2. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
3. Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements and as such are treated by you with due care.
4. We cannot guarantee that the appearance and/or colours of the goods shown on this website exactly reproduces the appearance and/or colours of the goods themselves due to lighting effects and the variable quality of consumers’ computer monitors or other devices.
5. We ensure that all our glass is annealed (made strong during fusing to reduce risk of damage), but as most of our items are made of glass, by their nature they are breakable. They can be damaged if dropped and scratched by sharp objects. Lucida Glass cannot accept any liability for breakages or damage caused if products are not treated with due care.
6. Our products are not toys and are not suitable for babies and young children. Our smaller items could be a choking hazard.
7. All glass items are individually handmade and therefore any sizes quoted are approximate. Each item consists of several layers of hand-cut glass which are then fused together in a kiln (some items are fused several times).
8. Please be aware that the meanings and representations made about our items are our own interpretations after studying much information and are not necessarily the same as other sources.
9. Some of our products may include sterling silver or silver plated components which may tarnish with time. We recommend that you should only clean sterling silver with a silver cleaning cloth or silver cleaning solution. No responsibility or liability will be accepted by Lucida Glass if these items are not cared for accordingly.
10. This website and its content is copyright of Lucida Glass - © Lucida Glass 2016, all rights reserved, and contains material which is owned by or licensed to us (which includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics). Any redistribution or reproduction of part or all of the contents in any form is prohibited without our express written permission.
11. All trademarks reproduced in this website, which are not the property of, or licensed to the operator, are acknowledged on the website.
12. In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of data or profits arising out of, or in connection with, the use of this website.
13. Every effort is made to keep the website up and running smoothly. However, Lucida Glass takes no responsibility for, and will not be liable for, the website being temporarily unavailable due to technical issues beyond our control.
14. Unauthorised use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
15. From time to time, this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to offer further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
16. Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of this website is subject to the laws of England and Wales.
17. If any of these terms and conditions shall be deemed invalid, void, or for any reason unenforceable, that term or condition shall be deemed severable and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining condition.
We accept payment through Worldpay or PayPal. Please note that you do not need a PayPal account. If you do not have a PayPal account, when you are asked to confirm and pay, clicking the ‘Pay Now’ button will take you to the PayPal website where you will be asked to choose a way to pay – you can then click the 'Pay with debit or credit card' option and fill in your details without using PayPal.
Please note that at the present time we can only despatch orders to destinations within the United Kingdom and the European Union. We will endeavour to despatch all stock orders within 48 hours from receiving payment, excluding weekends and bank holidays.
Any normal out of stock items (not unique pieces) should be available within 5 working days and despatched as soon as they are ready. Please be aware that we will despatch the complete order in one package, so other items in your order may be delayed if an item is on back order. If out of stock items are expected to take longer than 5 working days to make, the rest of your order will be despatched and the back ordered item/s will be sent when ready.
Please appreciate that shipping around public holidays can be unpredictable. It is recommended that if your items are needed for a specific date, they are ordered in good time to allow for longer delivery periods.
Delivery charges UK
£1.20 flat rate postage for total order via Royal Mail first class
£2.50 flat rate postage for total order Royal Mail first class signed for*
All purchases for delivery within the UK will be sent via Royal Mail first class unless you choose the signed for option. Please note that Royal Mail states that they aim to deliver first class mail next working day, but this is not a guaranteed service. Their recommendation in any event is to allow up to 15 working days from due delivery date before claiming non-delivery.
Delivery charges EU
£4.50 Royal Mail International standard postage
£9.00 Royal Mail International tracked and signed for*
All purchases for delivery to EU countries will be sent via Royal Mail international standard mail unless you choose tracked and signed for. Royal Mail states that they aim to deliver international standard mail within 3 to 5 working days, but this is not a guaranteed service. Their recommendation in any event is to allow up to 20 working days from due delivery date before claiming non-delivery.
Loss or Damage
If your order is not received within the time frame mentioned above, or in the event that an item is received damaged, please notify us immediately. For damaged items please return them to us as soon as possible in their original packaging and original condition for exchange or refund. Under no circumstances must damaged items be used, as you will have been deemed to have accepted the goods in their damaged condition and no refunds can be given.
*If loss or damage of goods is a concern, you may wish to choose the relevant ‘signed for’ delivery option, which may give added peace of mind and covers compensation cost of orders up to £50.
Cancellation, Returns and Refunds
Orders under £42 sterling are not eligible for cancellation once the order has been confirmed by the consumer.
For orders over £42 sterling the consumer is entitled to cancel their order by notifying us in writing (letter or email) no later than 14 working days after receipt of the goods and if the goods are returned to us in good condition within 14 days of confirming cancellation. For these orders, a copy of our Terms and Conditions and a Cancellation Form would have been forwarded with the goods. Consumers are under no obligation to complete and return the Cancellation Form supplied, but this may help process a refund more quickly.
Orders over £42/faulty or incorrectly supplied goods - Refunds may only be processed when the returned items have been received by us, or if we have received proof that the goods have been returned (eg: Certificate of Posting). We recommend you consider insuring the parcel to be returned, as we are unable to compensate for goods that are damaged or mislaid in return transit. As most of our products are made of glass, please ensure that all items returned are appropriately packaged to prevent damage in transit.
Please note that return postage and packing will only be refunded for faulty/damaged or incorrectly supplied goods.
Refunds will be made directly to the person/company that originally paid for the goods.
We hope that you enjoy your experience whilst visiting the Lucida Glass website, but if you have any reason for complaint please contact the owner, Jan Holley, by email at firstname.lastname@example.org, or by telephoning 01254 263308 (from UK) or +44 1254 263308 (International callers) or by letter to our address 1 Lindisfarne Avenue, Blackburn, Lancashire, BB2 3EG, United Kingdom and we will endeavour to rectify the problem as soon as possible.
We collect information about you for 2 reasons - firstly, to process your order and second, to provide you with the best possible service. We will not email you in the future, nor pass on your details to a third party without your consent unless required to do so by law and we will give you the chance to refuse any marketing email from us in the future.
The type of information we may collect about you includes:
your name, address, phone number and email address
Your credit or debit card details are collected by either Worldpay or PayPal (depending on your payment choice) and are not held nor are accessible by us.
We will never collect sensitive information about you without your explicit consent. The information we hold will be accurate and up to date. You can check the information that we hold about you by emailing us. If you find any inaccuracies we will delete or correct them promptly.
We may use technology to track the patterns of behaviour of visitors to our website. This can include using a cookie which would be stored on your browser. You can usually modify your browser to prevent this happening. The information collected in this way can only be used to identify you whilst you are browsing this website.
Clicking the Facebook 'Like' button whilst on this website may set targeting cookies. These cookies are used to deliver adverts more relevant to you and your interests. They are also used to limit the number of times you see an advertisement as well as help measure the effectiveness of the advertising campaign. They are usually placed by advertising networks with the website operator’s permission. They remember that you have visited a website and this information is shared with other organisations such as advertisers. Quite often targeting or advertising cookies will be linked to site functionality provided by the other organisations.
If you have any questions or comments about privacy, the security of your information or the process of placing an order, please email Jan Holley at email@example.com.